I heard a rumor that the Hour 1 Intro Meme would be the same one from the last Readathon… so I grabbed those questions and am getting to work on these a little ahead of schedule (since I’m at work and supposed to be *ahem* working!).
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I live in the hills of West Virginia. Actually in the tippy-top portion of the state, just outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Go Pirates!!). I was born and raised in Maryland but my husband is a West Virginia boy, and it’s become my Home Sweet Home over the last decade or so.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I’m looking forward to finishing the book that I’m halfway through (Rush Me by Allison Parr), and have BEEN halfway through for over a week now… because I just haven’t been taking the time to read lately. Then I’ll probably work on some Rock Chick books that I’ve been looking forward to reading! Or maybe The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe, which I just bought this week based on a glowing GoodReads review I read.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Snack, what snack?? I never prepare food for the Readathons… and I always regret it. This time will be no exception! No idea what I’ll be eating today.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m Erin… or ErinRagan on Twitter, Crazy Comma Momma on WordPress, Mom to my two kids, and Boss to my husband (yes, he really calls me Boss!). At work I’m a legal proofreader, who works third shift and hates that part of it with a passion. I love the Pittsburgh Pirates, scrapbooking, and am ridiculously obsessed with the television show Scandal… ridiculously. (I’m pretty sure I’m going to need therapy when the season ends in a few weeks.) I have three dogs who drive me batty, but I wouldn’t trade for all the tea in China. I think that pretty much sums me up!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I didn’t participate in the very last one, but I have participated in several before now. I’m not sure that I’ll do anything much different than I’ve done before. I will definitely have to sleep at some point because I’ve worked all night (that’s different!), but I know I always napped during the readathons before, so… I don’t think I’ve ever actually made it all the way to Hour 24, so even though I know I won’t see all of the hours in between, it’s my goal to be actively particpating in the final hours at least! Oh, and different this time is that I’m hosting a Mini-Challenge!!! Really excited about that! 🙂