We’re halfway through the Read-A-Thon! Woo Hoo!!
The latest mini-challenge is a “Mid-Event Survey.” I like these easy Q&A challenges! 🙂
1. What are you reading right now? Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs
2. How many books have you read so far? this is the second book so far!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? hmmm, I don’t know. I keep changing my mind about what I want to read. I’m thinking of Blood and Chocolate next… it’s been on my TBR shelf for a loooong time!
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Nope. I just “warned” my husband that I would be reading all day. He ended up taking both kids to a baseball game in the city this afternoon… that was heavenly! I had 5 hours of total peace and quiet… perfect for reading and napping!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? My mom came by earlier to visit, unexpectedly. So I took a break from reading and chatted with her for a couple of hours. I was actually glad for the break (so were my eyes)!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? That I haven’t had much time to actually READ!!! 24 hours of reading sounds like a lot… but the first 12 hours flew by, and there’s SO much going on with the challenges and the updates and the Twittering! I don’t know when we’re supposed to read!! lol
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope. I think it’s organized extremely well and you guys have done a fine job! YAY!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Next year I’ll try to have a better idea of which books I want to read… and I’d like to have some goals set. I didn’t set any this time because I honestly had no clue what to expect! I think a goal would motivate me to press on, though. I’ll also take more time to bloghop and cheer others on. I feel bad that I haven’t done much of that today, but I really want to READ, too!!
9. Are you getting tired yet? Not yet. But I did have a nice nap this afternoon… that helped a lot!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? No, but I’m anxious to read other responses to this one!