I’m having a hard time getting back into my blogging groove now that I’m home (God forbid!). I feel like there are ALL sorts of things that I want to blog about, but my brain isn’t very organized these days… So, for this morning, in lieu of anything “real” to say, here are some random snippets to keep you abreast of what’s going on in my world (always a fascinating place!).
- Yesterday I started back to work, for the first time in weeks. It didn’t go very well. I had big plans… to shut down all of my “fun,” social networking applications on the computer… and to actually WORK, for several hours if need be, and get something accomplished. Yeah, uh huh. I worked for 30 minutes before I came up with an excuse to get online. And, well, I never did make it back to the work. Basically, I’m just a huge loser… and I admit it. I can’t HANDLE the Internet!
- Nick had both dogs groomed while I was in the hospital… thinking that it might cut down on my doggy allergies (which may or may not have contributed to my recent lung failures). Comet looks absolutely gorgeous! The first time he’s ever had a trim, and it definitely agrees with him. The only problem is… I think they bathed my dogs in something toxic. Something really toxic. I’ve spent the past several days nursing a bald spot on Lizzie’s back. And Comet’s skin is covered in scabs from head to tail. Not good, Martha. I don’t think “pretty dogs” are worth that. My poor babies!!
- I haven’t had a cigarette in 17 days. Not that I’m counting or anything. Actually, it’s going surprisingly well. Ten days “detoxing” in the hospital helped tremendously, of course. Now that I’m home, I eat a lot of Dum Dum suckers… and I’ve had a few temper tantrums. And I have no hope of ever having fingernails (not that I had them to begin with; I’ve always been a nasty nailbiter!). But I can breathe, and I’m happy about that.
- My very first medical bill arrived in the mail yesterday. I’ve been mentally preparing myself for this for 2 weeks now… I KNOW it’s not going to be pretty (unfortunately I am uninsured, for those who are new here!). Still, to see the numbers roll in… it makes one a little sick to her stomach, no matter HOW mentally prepared she is! One of these days, I’ll have to post my hospital stay by numbers (when all of the bad news has had a chance to arrive). That should be fun! I keep reminding myself that I’m alive… and that’s worth any amount of medical bills.
- And, because we have so much extra money lying around, my husband has started househunting. (I don’t have a clue how his brain works, but I like to humor him from time to time.) Yesterday, he found the cutest-ever little house that’s just down the street from where we rent now… a 4-bedroom house for a whopping $35K. And, surprisingly, it’s not falling down or anything. It looks like it’s in pretty decent shape. We have an appointment to look at it later this week. I do love to humor my husband…
- I’m in the process of making a few “thank you” gifts for some people who took excellent care of me in the hospital. I’m feeling a little weird about it… like, when I walk into the hospital and approach these people and give them gifts, are they going to think I’m a psychotic stalker?? Really, I’m just an extremely grateful ex-patient… and I want them to know that they touched my life in a way. I hope they see the difference. So, all of my health care friends… thoughts??