My friend Penny posted this fun Q&A the other day… and lots of my Mom friends have also posted it on their blogs. I’ve been having a blast (and lots of chuckles) reading their kids’ answers, so I decided to play along, too. (Look for the Damon version later this week!)
1. What is something mom always says to you? “I don’t knoooooow…”
2. What makes mom happy? “Uhhhh, chocolate!” (Avery and I both erupted into laughter at that one! But she’s so right!!)
3. What makes mom sad? “Ummm, I don’t knooooow… back in Maryland when Daddy left one time you were sad.” (Awww, she’s right again. I was very sad when Daddy left us to drive the big truck!)
4. How does your mom make you laugh? “You put on a funny song.” (I have no idea what she’s talking about… we listen to Taylor Swift 24/7.)
5. What was your mom like as a child? “Toys?” (I don’t think she understood that question, lol)
6. How old is your mom? “30??” (I so love this kid!)
7. How tall is your mom? “Tallish?” (Daddy was in the background screaming “short!” Curse him!)
8. What is her favorite thing to do? “Scrapbook.”
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around? “Work.”
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? “I don’t know.” (I’m starting to think Avery doesn’t know very much about me!)
11. What is your mom really good at? “Uhhh, what is that thing?” Then after several minutes of racking her brain: “Cooking??” (I know she’s making this stuff up now…)
12. What is your mom not very good at? “You’re not not good at anything!”
13. What does your mom do for her job? “Work on the computer.”
14. What is your mom’s favorite food? “I’m thinking… it takes a looooong time for my brain to think.” (Tell me about it!) “I know Long John’s is NOT your favorite!” (She’s right about that. blech!)
15. What makes you proud of your mom? “Doing such a nice job.” (at what is anyone’s guess!)
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? “a girl?” Which one, Avery? “A GIRL!!!” Alrighty then.
17. What do you and your mom do together? “One time I helped you scrapbook…”
18. How are you and your mom the same? “Cause we have the same hair.”
19. How are you and your mom different? “Cause we’re not the same age.”
20. How do you know your mom loves you? “Cause I’m cute.” (Yes, she is!)
22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go? “The place where you and Sarah went… me, Sarah, and you… when Sarah came to our house…” (that was my local scrapbook store, in case you’re wondering).
Holy moly… that was painful. Avery was stressing over each and every answer, like it was the SATs!