My friend Marly recently participated in an interview meme, and I volunteered to play along and have her interview me.
So, here goes… Everything Marly Ever Wanted to Know About Me (and then some, probably!):
1. What author would you choose to pen your biography?
Hmmm. This is a tough one. Can I change the rules a little and make it an autobiography that I (a non-author) write myself?? It’s hard to imagine that anyone else (no matter how awesome of a writer they might be) could capture “me”; not that I’m all that fascinating, but I know everything there is to know about me, right? At least I wouldn’t have to worry too much about research and fact-checking! So, my final answer is: Yours Truly.
2. If your nose is running, and you are unable to find a tissue, what do you do?
Ewwww, Marly, gross! Well, if you wanna know the truth, I’d probably pray to God that I was wearing long sleeves and just wipe my nose with my shirt sleeve and hope no one noticed. Again, ewwww.
3. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done while sober?
Unfortunately, anything I’ve ever done that I’d consider crazy would also fall under the “extremely stupid” or “I really, really regret that” category. And the few things that are coming to mind are probably best left unsaid. No, they’re definitely best left unsaid; I’ll take them to my grave and try to forget they ever happened, thankyouverymuch. Now, if you hadn’t qualified that with “while sober,” I could’ve come up with plenty… at least then I could use drunkenness as a (sorry) excuse!
4. Would you rather watch only movies, or only television, for the rest of your life?
Whew, a “safe” question! I absolutely love movies, so my initial thought was to go with that as my answer. But, I thought a little more about this and decided that I’d rather have television. They show movies on television, right? And I could also have news and music and reality shows… so yeah, television, for sure.
5. Describe your fantasy meal.
I love to read historical romance. And I especially love books that involve Scottish Highlanders. In these books, they always have these big meals, where the whole clan is seated in a huge room, with the Lord and his Lady at the “head table,” if you will. My fantasy meal would be something like that. Of course, I’d be the beautiful Lady in my fantasy (adored by everyone in the land), and I wouldn’t argue if my Lord/husband just happened to be Billy Currington. And it would be even better if we could have that groovy setting, but without whatever nasty stuff it was they ate back in those days. I’d like some sushi or quesadillas or chicken marsala at my meal, please (but, really, the food is pretty unimportant… Lord Currington is the key here!).
Whew, that was kinda like work!
And now, I’m supposed to continue this meme by asking you to volunteer (via comments on this post) to be interviewed by me.
Here are the official rules:
Want to be part of the interview fun? Follow these instructions:
1. Leave me a comment involving the words, “Interview me.”
2. Be sure to include your email address, because I will respond by emailing you five questions.
3. You will update your blog with the questions and your answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will get to ask them five questions.