Still alive!

I can’t believe it’s been a full week since I’ve posted! I wanted to wait until I’d uploaded my Thanksgiving pictures and share those, but I figured I’d better just say “hey!” and let everyone know that we didn’t die from our illness last week (that I last blogged about).

Although, honestly, it’s just been in the past 2 days or so that we’ve started feeling human again. But human feels great!! I hope we got our “big Winter sickness” over with and that we’ll stay relatively healthy now (wishful thinking, I know!).

We had a lovely, quiet Thanksgiving Day here. I cooked… all of my family’s traditional favorites… and it was quite scrumptuous (if I do say so myself! My mom agreed, and since she’s the one who taught me how to make our family’s Thanksgiving feast, I must’ve done something right!). We’re still eating leftovers, of course. It was just the four of us and I cooked a 13-lb bird… so we’ve been eating LOTS of turkey sandwiches!

Poor Nick drove all day Thursday. But he was lucky enough to get a free, albeit cold, Thanksgiving meal at one of his company’s Operating Centers that he drove past. I felt horrible that he was out there on his own for the Holiday, but I was glad that he got a good meal versus the Chef Boyardee that’s been sustaining him for the past 2.5 weeks.

Speaking of my dear husband (absence really does make the heart grow fonder… he’s almost reached sainthood by now, lol), he should be home by this time next week! It’s going to be soooo nice to see his scruffy face again!

Today I’m sitting here staring at the clock… because at approximately 7pm EST I will be freed from my prison for a few hours! weeeeee! I’m meeting some friends for dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant (their California Roll is to die for… I can taste it already!) and then probably drinks and karaoke at our favorite bar. I won’t know HOW to act… I seriously can’t remember the last time I got out, away from my kids. Seven hours and counting!!

Oh yeah, the Thanksgiving pictures… I took quite a few pics Thursday, but I’ve been too lazy to get them off of my camera and on here for your viewing pleasure. Hopefully I’ll get to that today… it should kill 30 minutes or so and get me closer to 7 o’clock!

This entry was posted in uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s